Posted on November 11, 2015 - 01:30 PM
by Margo Green
Niles lies on the banks of the St. Joseph River, at the site of the French Fort St. Joseph, first built in 1697 to protect the Jesuit Mission established in 1691. The town was named after Hezekiah Niles, editor of the Niles Register. The town of Niles, as it exists today, was settled in 1826. Niles was an integral part of the underground railroad.
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Copyright 2019 MichRIC, LLC All rights reserved. Copyright 2019 MichRIC, LLC All rights reserved.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of MichRIC, LLC. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Berrien Property are marked with the BR logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing broker. Listing broker has attempted to offer accurate data, but buyers are advised to confirm all items. Information last updated on 2019-02-23.